COVID-19 Information from Palos Animal Hospital
On February 28th, the state of Illinois will be lifting the mask mandate for select indoor settings. Given the nature of our close interaction with our clients, and the need to preserve appropriate staffing levels, Palos Animal Hospital has elected to continue to require facial coverings while in our facility.
COVID-19 has always been a very fluid scenario, and we want to take measured steps in our own lifting mitigation requirements. My hope that is in a short period of time, we will be able to adjust our own requirements. I appreciate your understanding and ask that you please be respectful of our requirements.
THERE IS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING VERBAL ABUSE OF ANY KIND TOWARD OUR TEAM MEMBERS. THERE IS NO DEBATE REGARDING OUR POLICIES. THOSE WHO CANNOT RESPECTFULLY FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE ASKED TO TAKE THEIR PET(S) ELSEWHERE FOR SERVICES.
1. ALL persons within Palos Animal Hospital are required to wear a mask that appropriately covers their nose and mouth.
- Given the nature of our interaction with you and your pet, we are unable to maintain an appropriate social distance.
- Some of our team members and patrons may not be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Since we don’t know if you are vaccinated, COVID-19 vaccination does not exempt you from wearing a mask in our building.
2. When you arrive for your visit, please wait to enter the building until the time of your appointment.
3. Only 1 (one) pet parent is allowed to accompany their pet in the building during the visit. Please let us know in advance if you need to have additional persons with you for your visit.
4. While in the clinic, please maintain an appropriate social distance whenever possible.
5. If you prefer that we provide curbside service for your visit, please let us know at the time you make your appointment. When you arrive, call the clinic and let us know you are here and ready for the curbside service.
6. Prescriptions and Food to be picked up are still curbside only. For Prescriptions and food pick up, it is required that you call ahead to order these items, and allow a minimum of 24 hours for your request to be completed.
7. If your pet is ill, and there is no appointment available, we will do our best to accommodate you by having you drop off your pet and pick him/her up later in the day. It is required to call ahead to arrange dropping off your pet. When you arrive, call us so that we can gather all the necessary information and then you will be instructed when to bring your pet to us.
8. We will continue to allow 2 people to be with their pet for euthanasia services.
Ruff Cuts Grooming
When clients for Ruff Cuts arrive, please call them directly at (708) 448-0040 to let them know you are here. A representative from Ruff Cuts will direct you when to meet them at the front door.
Thank you all who have been supportive, patient and gracious to all of us. We are so happy to have you as our clients back to see us in the building. We ask you to please be very patient and considerate to all team members.